1. Check your wardrobe before going for shopping: Make sure you check your wardrobe before you leave for shopping. If you have enough clothes for this season, then avoid adding new ones in your wardrobe. You can sell some of your clothes if they’re in good condition by organizing a garage sale. You can manage to make some extra money before you spend a dollar.
2. Set a budget: Make sure you set a monthly or yearly clothing budget. Setting up a budget can help you to avoid splurging your hard earned money.
3. Organize a clothing swap party: Make sure you organize a clothing swap party, instead of buying clothes. It can help you save considerable amount of money. Your friends can get a few items of clothes they you can exchange with other guests. You can manage to get new set of clothes without spending a penny.
4. Research before buying: Make sure you do not blindly follow fashion. The fashion keeps on changing with every season. Try to set your own trend and experiment to become the style icon in your college or office. Make sure you avoid piling clothes or buy unnecessary clothes when you check online stores. Do not get swayed away to buy clothes at a reduced rate. You may save money but get tempted to spend more. Try to visit the store when you plan to shop for clothes and strictly use cash instead of cards.
5. Question yourself before buying: Make sure you question yourself before you plan to buy clothes. You can understand whether you require the items or not. If you buy unnecessary stuff, you keep the items back on the rack.
6. Look for discount offers: Make sure you look for discount offers during sale season. Plan to buy winter clothes during spring or summer times. You can get discount on clothes that you may have to pay full price during winter.
7. Buy clothes keeping your lifestyle in mind: Make sure you buy clothes keeping the lifestyle in mind while purchasing clothes. A large number of people wear only 25% of their wardrobe on a regular basis. If you’re comfortable in your jeans and a t-shirt, there is not point buying dresses.
8. Avoid splurging: Make sure you avoid buying a brand new set of clothes each season or year. Try to keep a track of the items you have in your closet. Try to buy accessories such as jewellery, handbags, scarves and hats to create a fashion statement.
9. Little black dress: Make sure you’ve a little black dress in your closet. You can team up your black dress with a colorful jacket or a neutral shade scarf. Therefore, you can create a new look every time with the same old dress.
Therefore, you need to keep the above mentioned nine points in mind if you’re planning to save money while shopping for your clothes.